Friday, April 22, 2011

Ho-tel, mo-tel, Holiday Inn, say WHAT?!

ATL Andy and ATL Laura are now ATL Andy-and-Laura: yes, they made it official! Their wedding weekend was so unbelievably amazing that it is TIED with my brother's wedding weekend last spring. I truly never thought I'd say that, but it really was. The ATLers have a wonderful group of friends, all of whom get along really well-- like almost disconcertingly well, and they have flawless taste.

Everything about the weekend was wonderful: the food, the drinks, the company, the area, the invitations, Laura's dress, Andy's dad's speech at the rehearsal dinner, the wedding website, the pillow I slept on at the hotel, the puppy I saw a few hours before the wedding [his name was Blue and I'm not ready to elaborate], the DJ, the venue, the guy working at the roadside market that we visited the morning of the wedding, the Facebook commentary amongst the wedding guests since the wedding...all of it, totally wonderful.

And the hilarious part is that, honestly, no one that attended the wedding would've cared if the ATLers had gotten married at the DMV and held their reception at a Waffle House: the best part of the whole thing was seeing those two people become each other's forever-person. The rest of it was just very delicious icing on the cake.

Also, I had very hot shoes to wear to the wedding. Peep-toe, silk faille, solid heel, low vamp-- fierce.

BTW, have you ever heard Queen's "Somebody to Love" played by a string quartet? I have. I heard it while I watched the ATLers recess down the aisle as husband and wife. It sounded like heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of your help and support-- not just during the wedding weekend, but throughout our whole relationship. We love you, DKM!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment-- I appreciate the support and feedback, and I encourage a dialogue between the different people who've been following this from the beginning.